Energy has made our lives pleasant at all times without any difficulty. Today, it is quite hard to live without energy consumption for daily work. Sufficient energy is available for a lifetime but it does not mean that there is no need to conserve it. Numerous ways have been derived for lowering home electric bills. Here are a few examples.
6 Secrets of Lowering Home Electric Bill
- Good roof coating helps in deflecting heat. This ensures that your home would significantly maintain temperature on the inside.
- The well insulated attic will facilitate you in keeping your entire house cool. Attics are one of the significant parts of any house especially in relation to the cooling system.
- Securing leaks around your house will also aid you in controlling energy lost. So, make it sure that leaks are sealed well. Consequently, less work is done by cooling and heating system of your house. Eventually, it cuts down your house electric bill.
- Reduce the thermostat to save a lot of money. 1°C equates the 5% of electric bill savings. So, always keep your thermostat at low temperature. You can keep it further low during sleeping or when you are out of home for saving more money. 68 °F is an ideal temperature of thermostat during winter season.
- Water heaters also utilized a large amount of energy. Therefore, try to limit its use. It is the second largest energy consumer after cooling/heating system of your house.
- Use of energy efficient materials and appliances around your home is another way to save your money at energy bills. These commercially available items would considerably add to the reduction home energy bills.
Solar energy in its simplest term refers to the energy generated by the sun. That energy can be harnessed and used to perform different tasks. It is not harmful and the equipment it uses is very environmentally friendly. If we compare solar energy with electrical energy, then solar energy is very cost effective and beneficial for home use. You can easily reduce your electric bill by using solar energy in your home.
Solar Energy Bulbs
There are special types of solar-energy bulbs available. The bulbs have special sensors that sense darkness and will turn on automatically. There is no need to turn on the solar-energy bulbs manually. If the sensor detects light the bulbs will turn off automatically. The use of solar-energy bulbs is easy. Just purchase them from the local store, install them, and they are ready to use.
A Clean Energy Source
Solar energy will not pollute the environment. It is a clean energy source and is environmentally friendly.
Comparing solar-energy systems versus electrically-generated energy systems, the solar-energy systems are very easy to maintain. As we all know, solar energy is energy generated from the sun; so, there is no need to buy fuel for refilling the system. There is some maintenance required but not as much as an electrical system requires.
A solar-energy system works autonomously. No foreign energy sources are required for running the system. If the electric-energy power outsource is damaged, then your house system will not be affected due to damaging weather because of the independent solar system.
If we can be of service or if you would like more information or have any questions, please contact Choice Home Inspection Services at 770-490-6911. Or email or text us: http://chisvc.com/contact-us
Most people are interested in conserving energy to lower home electric bills.
Six Tips to Lower Home Electric Bills
- A good roof coating will help to deflect heat. This ensures that your home maintains a set inside temperature.
- A well-insulated attic will help keep your entire house cool. An attic can only perform efficiently if it is properly insulated. Seal the attic door with weather stripping to maintain a seal to ensure air flow from the house is not going through the attic.
- Seal any leaks around windows and doors as these contribute to the high cost of electric bills. This also results in increased workload of your home’s heating/cooling system. Sealing leaks reduces the workload of the heating/cooling system, which cuts down on the electric bill.
- Reduce the temperature on the thermostat. 1°C equates to a 5% savings on your electric bill. 68°F is an ideal thermostat temperature during winter season and within a degree or two of 75°F in the summer.
- Water heaters utilize a large amount of energy. It is the second largest energy consumer after cooling/heating system in your house. Avoid using hot water to wash your clothes. This helps save as much as 90% of energy that would be consumed by the washing machine.
- Use of energy efficient materials and appliances around your home is another way to save money on energy bills. These are commercially available items that effectively reduce home energy bills. One of these items is power efficient windows, which deflect the outside temperature from in-flowing into your home.
Choice Home Inspection Services is here to help you with your home buying or selling needs call us at any time 406-698-2875.